January 27, 2010
The Transbay Joint Powers Authority has closed on a $171M federal loan to help it kickstart the massive Transbay Terminal project in San Francisco. This is a good step in the right direction, though additional funding multiples the size of this loan will ultimately be needed.
The entire project will likely end up costing billions. There is still a huge amount of work to do, not to mention the planning and negotiations that will need to take place to determine how the proposed high-speed rails will arrive at the terminal.
- Prop 1A – High Speed Rail Measure Set to Pass
- $46B in CMBS Balances Now Delinquent
- Commercial Real Estate Worries Grow
- Vision North San Jose On Shaky Ground
- Citibank Forced to Resume Lending on Failed Mall Project