December 15, 2009
One of the largest developer and owners of apartment communities, Fairfield filed for Chapter 11 on Sunday. Two of Fairfield’s biggest lenders were Wells Fargo and Capmark.
Fairfield has two development projects in San Jose it had been working on, but no word on what the outcome will be following the BK. The two SJ projects were:
199 Tasman Dr owned by Zanker Rd Investments. That project consisted of about 10 acres for approximately 704 units. The second project is a 3.2 acre site right next door at 163 Baypointe, at a density of about 60U/Acre. The 199 Tasman Dr site contained an existing office building which was demolished.
In addition, their website indicates that Fairfield owns four existing communities in San Jose as well.
- San Jose Housing Development Still Hot; Oakland Not
- Trouble in North San Jose For Tishman Speyer
- San Jose, Santa Clara Union School District Continue Negotiations on North San Jose Development Fees
- San Jose Condos Going Rental
- 120-Acre San Jose Flea Market Site Put Up For Sale