December 2, 2009
The digestion of Wachovia by Wells Fargo is underway and as part of the process, Wells Fargo will be closing 101 California branches. In addition, 65 existing Wachovia branches will be rebranded. In Santa Clara County, the three branches to be rebranded include:
- Berryessa Rd and Sandstone Ln, San Jose
- Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto
- Bollinger Rd and South De Anza, Cupertino
In the nine-county Bay Area, total consolidation will be 30 branches, including 22 Wachovia’s and 8 existing sites.
In addition to the 101 Wachovia’s which will be closing, Wells Fargo will also be shutting down 21 Wells Fargo locations.
[via Mercury News]
- Bank of America Moving to Cut Branch Network
- Z Gallerie Closing Third of Stores
- Apple Leases 60K SF Cupertino Landing Office Building; Blue Coat Sublease Next?
- Hewlett Packard Reducing Real Estate Footprint by 25% in Cupertino and Palo Alto
- Signs of Stress in Higher End Markets