June 4, 2009
Colony Capital’s chairman, Tom Barrack, has some excellent thoughts on the state of the market, economy, and where things are headed. He’s put these on paper. He’s also linked to a great video (which I’ve also embedded below) that really underscores the fundamental shift that’s taking place right now. I’ve indicated before that the US is becoming increasingly inconsequential in the global marketplace and that we need to detach ourselves from using “engineered” financial tools to solve the underlying conventional problems we face.
Tom Barrack is probably licking his chops waiting for the re-emergence an RTC-esque opportunity, and he’s biased towards seeing such given his warchest of money with which he is ready to attack. Nonetheless, he does provide some thought provoking comments, and a video which is poignant.
- Thomas Barrack on Commercial Real Estate
- Meredith Whitney on CNBC – Liquidity Problems and Double Dip Ahead
- Jon Kanas on 2010 Bank Outlook and CRE
- Bruce Mosler of C&W Optimistic
- Sam Zell Tells Wilbur Ross To Piss Off