May 14, 2009
Schwarzenegger is set to propose today that the State of California sell San Quentin, Agnews, and other property around the state.
Locally, Agnews is an 81-acre site near Santa Clara and North San Jose surrounded mostly by Cisco Systems (click picture for larger view). The site is located at 3500 Zanker Road, and is general planned for public/quasi-public use. To the north and west, zoning is Industrial Park, across the street is 20+U/Acre transit-corridor residential, and directly adjacent to the south is Industrial Park with a Transit/Employment Residential with 55+U/Acre density.
San Quentin is an amazing piece of property in the North Bay which we discussed before.
In addition to these properties, the Cow Palace in Daly City, and other property in Southern California and Sacramento are on deck.
- Lawmaker Proposes Sale of San Quentin Prison
- Boston Properties Acquires North First Business Park in San Jose
- Silverstone Properties Fails in its Bid to Rezone Property
- Trouble in North San Jose For Tishman Speyer
- NVIDIA Planning Two Million Square Feet Campus in Santa Clara