March 20, 2009
Fremont-based Solyndra got a giant boost today when the government announced that it will provide the Fremont company with a $535M loan to fund the expansion of the company through the construction of a second plant. The $535M is estimated to cover about 73% of the cost of the construction.
The company has a facility located at 47700 Kato Road in Fremont, which is the 183,000 square feet former HMT and MMC Technology facilities, and also occupies space at Scott Creek Business Park in Fremont (Kato Terrace), and 1210 California Circle (an iStar Financial property) in Milpitas.
Last year, Solyndra began laying the ground work for a new factory by filing an application for a new 650,000 square foot facility comprising manufacturing and office space at 47422 Kato Road in Fremont.
- 30% of iStar Financial’s Loans are Non-Performing
- San Francisco Chronicle To Be Sold or Shut Down
- Cheaper Rents Bolster Fremont Activity
- Mervyn’s 365K SF Fremont Warehouse Sold
- 365,000 SF Former Mervyn’s Distribution Facility in Fremont For Sale or Lease