November 3, 2008
After weeks of speculation, Richmond, Virginia-based Circuit City (CC: 0.00 N/A) today announced it will be closing 155 stores in an effort to shore up its balance sheet. It will also seek to renegotiate its leases on the remaining 550 stores it will have. The company is closing stores which averaged $9M in annual sales, compared to an average of $16M across all of its U.S. stores. These closings will translate into a 17% reduction in the company’s workforce.
The San Francisco Bay Area stores which will be closed are:
- Concord – 2030 Diamond Blvd.
- Dublin – 7153 Amador Plaza Road
- Fremont – 43706 Christy Street
- Morgan Hill – 1007 Cochrane Road
- East Palo Alto – 1731 E Bayshore Road
A full list of the Circuity City stores which are closing is available here for download and is also embedded below.
- List of Starbucks Stores To Close
- Mervyn’s to Liquidate and Close; 3000 Northern California Employees Affected
- Fitzpatrick Chevrolet Hummer in Concord to Close Next Month
- Best Buy to Close Downtown Palo Alto Magnolia Store; 2 Others
- Neiman Marcus Signs Lease at Broadway Plaza in Walnut Creek