October 24, 2008
Google (GOOG: 542.56 -0.99%) has once again put its building at 395 Page Mill Road in Palo Alto on the market for sublease. Since signing a 10-year lease for the 224,000 square foot building mid-last year from Jay Paul Company, the building has sat vacant. The building was acquired by the Jay Paul Company from Agilent Technologies in 2006 for approximately $425 psf ($95M). The three-story building was built in 2000, sits on 10 acres, features 3/1000 parking, and is also within walking distance of California Avenue amenities and the Caltrain station.
The term of the sublease runs through June 30, 2017. The space was offered for sublease by Google earlier this year for a short period of time before the space was pulled off the market. It was speculated that Facebook was interested in the building, but Facebook ended up leasing 137,000 square feet at 1601 California Avenue in August instead.
- Facebook Expands in Palo Alto; Subleases 265K Square Feet
- Google Puts An Additional 128,000 Square Feet Up For Sublease In Mountain View
- Facebook Moving to Stanford Research Park Office Space
- Facebook Looking to Leave Downtown Palo Alto
- Blue Coat Systems Signs 233K Square Feet Lease in Sunnyvale